The people have spoken... in Australian Traveller magazine's People's Choice Awards 2014. After an overwhelming number of nominations here is a shortlist of our finalists - (in no particular order). Winners will be announced at our award ceremony to be held at the brand-new InterContinental Sydney Double Bay on Monday, December 1. Follow us on Twitter (using #ATPeoplesChoice) and Facebook for updates. The full list of winners will appear in Australian...
In need of some rest, relaxation, recuperation, rejuvenation… Here are four weekend retreats to take the edge off your busy life (for a while). 1. Noonaweena Retreat Fresh from winning Best Hosted Accommodation in the 2014 Hunter & Central Coast Awards, the cat’s out of the bag on this Yengo National Park eco-retreat. Nestle into a treetops king suite, a two-bedder cottage or a larger-than-life, everything-you’d-ever-want house (how about eight bedrooms, your own swimming pool, outdoor spa and even a library with an open fire?). We love the spa treatments at Noonaweena derived from native plants too, so just... stop....
Word on the street says these hot new hotels are worth a stay… The Larwill Studio, north Melbourne – Art Serial Art Series Hotels have added another venue to their so-hip-right-now hotels with the opening of The Larwill Studio in north Melbourne. Named after Australian artist David Larwill, guests are treated to walls and rooms adorned by his colourful abstract art. Stay in and discover the art of wellbeing with in-room yoga channels (yoga mats supplied) or venture out into the oh-so-green vista of the Royal Parklands for a peaceful walk, bike ride or picnic. Ibis Adelaide - flying in...
We asked prolific Instagrammer and our behind-the-scenes AT cover photographer Melissa Findley for her tips on taking your travel shots to the next level. 1. Don’t just stand there – get on that horse or camel, on a bicycle or motorbike, in a helicopter or seaplane or even on that park bench, and take photos from a different perspective. Take a range of lenses with you – wide angle, telephoto and portrait lens – and change the lens depending on the story you want to convey. 2. Think about what draws you to a scene, and what you want to convey in...
GREAT AUSTRALIAN TRAVEL
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- Dream road trips: Broome to Exmouth (via the Warlu Way)
- Dream road trips: Esperance to Perth (via Margaret River)
- Dream road trips – Perth to the Pilbara (return)
- Ultimate Escapes: WA’s Great South West Edge – wine, white sand & wilderness
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #19 escape to the Rowley Shoals, WA
- Your Shot Winner: Two Miles of sunset
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island