Nominate and win: Tell us your best holiday experiences of 2014 and you could win a dream trip from the Outback to the Reef staying at Crystalbrook Lodge and Orpheus Island in far north Queensland. Every year we need your help to uncover and reward Australia’s favourite travel experiences, accommodation and destinations for our People’s Choice Awards. The winners will be revealed in Australian Traveller’s People’s Choice Issue – December/January special edition on sale 4...
Guest blogger Jacqui Kennedy is an adventurous soul who for the past year has been riding a ‘postie bike’ 25,000 kilometres around Australia. Here she shares her favourite experiences on the road – and her love of the iconic Australian letterboxes… Having spent many years touring on scooters to unlikely places, including the Swiss Alps, people kept telling me to “get a real bike” – so I did. I bought a CT110 ‘Postie Bike’ and called him Mo - top speed 80km/h when unloaded but as I’ve never subscribed to the less-is-best method of packing, he is an underpowered, overloaded...
Drag yourself away from the beach for the day and you’ll be rewarded with some truly amazing Kimberley experiences, says Tawnee Rothe 1. Set sail on Broome’s oldest pearling lugger Continue the pearling experience aboard Intombi, Broome’s oldest authentic wooden pearling lugger. As one of a handful of luggers still afloat, passengers can cruise on maritime history. The lugger was originally built in 1903 and has since been restored to her former glory to take small groups (no more than 20), around Broome, with gourmet food and alcoholic beverages also available. Sunset cruises take five hours and are $149 per...
The successor of Sydney legend Guillaume at Bennelong at the Opera House has finally arrived, and though it’s yet to earn any hats, we’re tipping that it’s only a matter of time. You’d be hard-pressed to find a connoisseur of Sydney dining who, if not an outright fan of Guillaume Brahimi’s achievements, isn’t at least grudgingly impressed with them. This is the chef, after all, who transformed Sydney Opera House’s restaurant space from its string of white-elephant transgressions into a temple of epicurean worship and kept it so, maintaining hatted status among critics (and bragging status among clients) for an...
GREAT AUSTRALIAN TRAVEL
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- Dream road trips: Broome to Exmouth (via the Warlu Way)
- Dream road trips: Esperance to Perth (via Margaret River)
- Dream road trips – Perth to the Pilbara (return)
- Ultimate Escapes: WA’s Great South West Edge – wine, white sand & wilderness
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #19 escape to the Rowley Shoals, WA
- Your Shot Winner: Two Miles of sunset
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island
- Ultimate Escapes: Timeless North, NT
- Get lost in style in the Northern Territory
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #18 see the wet season in the Top End
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #27 make the Red Centre pilgrimage
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #56 (tie) follow Larapinta Trail (World Expeditions), NT