A hhhhh, the great Australian beach holiday: if there’s a better proposition anywhere in the world, we here at AT are yet to hear of it. The mere words send a warm, happy feeling radiating through our hard-working bodies and minds as we mentally conjure up our next coastal time-out. By nature of our sheer good luck (I mean, seriously – we live on the world’s biggest island!) and our dogged...
In the world of travel Instagram, good pictures are worth not only a thousand words but probably a thousand followers too. Australian 'Grammers are telling moderns tales in modern Australian style, each feed with its own idiosyncrasies, techniques and focus. But when everyone is jumping on board the travel Instagram bandwagon, from professional photographers to 'paid influencers', who to follow? Here are 15 Australian Instagram accounts (capturing Australia) who are making a real impression on us @austtraveller (in no particular order) 1. Paul Fleming - @lovethywalrus (42,000 followers) Highly active professional photographer, started Instagramming his home, Tasmania. Why: Spectacular shots, incredible...
Traditionally we've all screamed for ice cream in the Australian summer... but now the arto of gelato is a serious reason to make a daytrip to one of these experimental taste emporiums. Expect a queue at some of these 9 fan gelato bars, but also expect it to be worth the wait too... Cow and the Moon, Sydney Since taking out the Gelato World Tour title this year in Italy with its Mandorla affogato flavour, the lines at the family-run Cow and the Moon café in Enmore have run down the street and into the papers. Crazy Acres, Darwin Venture...
WOMADelaide is one of our favourite outdoor festivals – not just because of the extraordinarily unique music, but also because the atmosphere here is just so friendly! Short for ‘World of Music, Arts and Dance’, the festival was founded by musician Peter Gabriel and will run over four days in Adelaide’s Botanic Park from 6–9 March. The program features performances and workshops on seven stages by the world’s best traditional and contemporary musicians, dancers and DJs, a KidZone activity area, street theatre and visual artists, the ‘Taste the World’ cooking program, an environmental discussions program, around 100 amazing food, retail...
GREAT AUSTRALIAN TRAVEL
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- Ultimate Escapes: WA’s Great South West Edge – wine, white sand & wilderness
- Dream road trips: Broome to Exmouth (via the Warlu Way)
- Dream road trips: Esperance to Perth (via Margaret River)
- Dream road trips – Perth to the Pilbara (return)
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #19 escape to the Rowley Shoals, WA
- Your Shot Winner: Two Miles of sunset
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island