The people have spoken... in Australian Traveller magazine's People's Choice Awards 2014. After an overwhelming number of nominations here is a shortlist of our finalists - (in no particular order). Winners will be announced at our award ceremony to be held at the brand-new InterContinental Sydney Double Bay on Monday, December 1. Follow us on Twitter (using #ATPeoplesChoice) and Facebook for updates. The full list of winners will appear in Australian...
How do travel professionals and experts deal with the dreaded jet lag. Steve Madgwick talks to a doctor, a former long-haul flight engineer and a travel professional to see how they suggest to combat it. The Doctor Dr Brian Morton, Chair, Council of General Practice, Australian Medical Association (AMA) What causes jet lag? Quite simply, it occurs when we cross time zones and our body clock hasn’t adjusted to the different time zone. Normally bright light/sunlight sets our wake-up and sleep cycle and it’s this change in exposure to light where it begins. Any long-term effects for frequent travellers? It’s may affect not only people's...
In need of some rest, relaxation, recuperation, rejuvenation… Here are four weekend retreats to take the edge off your busy life (for a while). 1. Noonaweena Retreat Fresh from winning Best Hosted Accommodation in the 2014 Hunter & Central Coast Awards, the cat’s out of the bag on this Yengo National Park eco-retreat. Nestle into a treetops king suite, a two-bedder cottage or a larger-than-life, everything-you’d-ever-want house (how about eight bedrooms, your own swimming pool, outdoor spa and even a library with an open fire?). We love the spa treatments at Noonaweena derived from native plants too, so just... stop....
Word on the street says these hot new hotels are worth a stay… The Larwill Studio, north Melbourne – Art Serial Art Series Hotels have added another venue to their so-hip-right-now hotels with the opening of The Larwill Studio in north Melbourne. Named after Australian artist David Larwill, guests are treated to walls and rooms adorned by his colourful abstract art. Stay in and discover the art of wellbeing with in-room yoga channels (yoga mats supplied) or venture out into the oh-so-green vista of the Royal Parklands for a peaceful walk, bike ride or picnic. Ibis Adelaide - flying in...
GREAT AUSTRALIAN TRAVEL
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- Ultimate Escapes: WA’s Great South West Edge – wine, white sand & wilderness
- Dream road trips: Broome to Exmouth (via the Warlu Way)
- Dream road trips: Esperance to Perth (via Margaret River)
- Dream road trips – Perth to the Pilbara (return)
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #19 escape to the Rowley Shoals, WA
- Your Shot Winner: Two Miles of sunset
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island