Nominate and win: Tell us your best holiday experiences of 2014 and you could win a dream trip from the Outback to the Reef staying at Crystalbrook Lodge and Orpheus Island in far north Queensland. Every year we need your help to uncover and reward Australia’s favourite travel experiences, accommodation and destinations for our People’s Choice Awards. The winners will be revealed in Australian Traveller’s People’s Choice Issue – December/January special edition on sale 4...
Like a zoo without fences, the nation’s third-largest island, Kangaroo Island, is famous for prolific wildlife, dramatic coastal scenery and the kind of scrumptious fare you’d expect to be served up in South Australia - one of Australia’s 16 Ultimate Escapes Nature-lovers are on cloud nine in Kangaroo Island. Surrounded by the crashing surf of the Southern Ocean, more than a third of the island is a national park or conservation area, with wildlife roaming freely. Aside from the ubiquitous roos, wallabies, koalas and some 267 species of birds, coastal trails dotted with platforms offer a vantage point for spying New...
Being by the pool is cool, but it's hot too. You'll want to dive head first into these new-season trends... The rooftop pool Sydney’s Next Big Thing, the InterContinental in Double Bay, will sport a rooftop lounge and pool. Now you know where you’ll find us... The designer dry Australian clothing brand Jac + Jack has teamed up with Dinosaur Designs to create pretty, hand-loomed, hand-dyed organic beach towels. From $220 each. The waterproof book This month sees the US release of Kobo’s waterproof e-reader, which can survive for up to 30 minutes underwater. It’s not available here yet, but...
Travel in style with this new travel set from Corban & Blair which includes matching travel journal, travel wallet, luggage tag and pouches – one mini and one regular – for your electronic devices or other mementos. Q. To win, CLICK HERE, and tell us in 25 words or less "where's the first place you'll be taking your new travel set"? Entries close 13 November 2014. Terms and conditions apply. See full terms and conditions...
GREAT AUSTRALIAN TRAVEL
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- Dream road trips: Broome to Exmouth (via the Warlu Way)
- Dream road trips: Esperance to Perth (via Margaret River)
- Dream road trips – Perth to the Pilbara (return)
- Ultimate Escapes: WA’s Great South West Edge – wine, white sand & wilderness
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #19 escape to the Rowley Shoals, WA
- Your Shot Winner: Two Miles of sunset
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island
- Ultimate Escapes: Timeless North, NT
- Get lost in style in the Northern Territory
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #18 see the wet season in the Top End
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #27 make the Red Centre pilgrimage
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #56 (tie) follow Larapinta Trail (World Expeditions), NT