Want the ultimate accommodation splash-outs in some of the best positioned hotels in Australia? Check out these ultra-luxe suites, although you might want to check out your bank balance first though. 1. Sydney Suite, Park Hyatt Sydney Where: Harbourfront at the Rocks Why would you? If you’re a VIP (with $16,000 per night to spend) who appreciates front-row Opera House views. The ‘usual’ add-ons such as a 24-hour butler and...
Free your spirit on the beautiful Coral Coast, where rolling red desert dunes collide with a turquoise ocean teeming with colourful underwater characters – including the world’s largest fish, The Whale Shark - (one of Australia’s 16 Ultimate Escapes) The landscape between Western Australia’s Shark Bay World Heritage-listed area and the northern tip of Ningaloo Reef is as dramatic as the frontier is remote. Alien-like termite hills dot the horizon in the north and turquoise waters brim with lively fringing reefs that stretch across 260 kilometres of coastline. Along with exquisite white-sand beaches, this region is most famous for its abundant...
Subscribe to Australian Traveller and you not only get Australia’s greatest travel magazine delivered straight to your mailbox (at a discount) but you also walk away with the chance to win a dream escape on one of the most elegant and spectacular hiking experiences around. To subscribe and win click here Tasmania’s multi-award winning Maria Island Walk is recognised as one of Australia’s outstanding walking experiences. Set on a remarkable, World Heritage-listed island national park, this four-day walk is a delightful blend of rare wildlife, convict heritage and elegant accommodation. Small groups of just 10 guests and two guides enjoy...
Memories of burning your feet on hot sand and gobbling down fish and chips quick enough to displease any lurking gulls is worth a trip down memory lane on NSW's South Coast. Words by Megan Arkinstall Jervis Bay - The classic Jervis Bay is pretty much smack bang in the middle of the South Coast and famous for its unspoiled white sand beaches and clear turquoise waters. And that’s all you really need for a summer holiday, right? One particularly lovely swimming spot is Honeymoon Bay, a rock-bordered beach amongst a natural bush setting. Don’t be deterred by the name though, it’s perfect for families! And if you decide...
GREAT AUSTRALIAN TRAVEL
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- The ‘ghost towns’ of outback NSW
- East coast country cottage chic
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #53 road trip the Legendary Pacific Coast, Sydney to Brisbane
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #63 take a beach break, Sapphire Coast, NSW
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #86 a beach break on The Shoalhaven Coast, NSW
- Dream road trips – Perth to the Pilbara (return)
- Ultimate Escapes: WA’s Great South West Edge – wine, white sand & wilderness
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #19 escape to the Rowley Shoals, WA
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #23 a beachy road trip in WA’s South West
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #42 stay at Berkeley River Lodge, WA
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #85 swim with Manta Rays, Lady Elliot Island, Qld
- Thalia Haven – the greatest ocean-view bathtub in sight?
- Ultimate Escapes: Tasmania
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #2 road trip Tasmania’s east coast
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #5 book into Saffire Freycinet, Tas
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #13 (a tie) walk the Freycinet Experience, Tas
- Ultimate Escapes: Timeless North, NT
- Get lost in style in the Northern Territory
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #18 see the wet season in the Top End
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #27 make the Red Centre pilgrimage
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #56 (tie) follow Larapinta Trail (World Expeditions), NT