Nominate and win: Tell us your best holiday experiences of 2014 and you could win a dream trip from the Outback to the Reef staying at Crystalbrook Lodge and Orpheus Island in far north Queensland. Every year we need your help to uncover and reward Australia’s favourite travel experiences, accommodation and destinations for our People’s Choice Awards. The winners will be revealed in Australian Traveller’s People’s Choice Issue – December/January special edition on sale 4...
Travel in style with this new travel set from Corban & Blair which includes matching travel journal, travel wallet, luggage tag and pouches – one mini and one regular – for your electronic devices or other mementos. Q. To win, CLICK HERE, and tell us in 25 words or less "where's the first place you'll be taking your new travel set"? Entries close 13 November 2014. Terms and conditions apply. See full terms and conditions...
The Cocos (Keeling) Islands are a secret you won’t want to share. Just tell everyone you went to Bali It is rare, in this day and age, to come upon a place so delightful in both looks and temperament that, on the very first sighting, one’s jaw does genuinely drop. But it’s hard not to promise that a visit to the Cocos (Keeling) Islands will elicit such a response. Locally referred to as ‘Cocos’, these 27 islands stand alone in the middle of the Indian Ocean in an almost-perfect circle, halfway between Perth and the Maldives in more ways than...
Thinking of booking a cruise in 2015? You might want to take a peak at these trends before your go cruising… 1. Sail and walk Cradle Mountain Huts walk (home to iconic trek along Overland Track), has announced its ‘sail walk’. Jump on board the Lady Eugenie, a 75-foot luxury ketch, and combine your four-day hike with sailing around spectacular spots like Freycinet Peninsula and Maria Islands. Then, kick off the hiking boots with a three-course barefoot beach dinner under the stars or relax onboard with a glass of Tasmania’s finest as you float around Wineglass Bay. Four-day Wineglass Bay...
GREAT AUSTRALIAN TRAVEL
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- Dream road trips: Broome to Exmouth (via the Warlu Way)
- Dream road trips: Esperance to Perth (via Margaret River)
- Dream road trips – Perth to the Pilbara (return)
- Ultimate Escapes: WA’s Great South West Edge – wine, white sand & wilderness
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #19 escape to the Rowley Shoals, WA
- Your Shot Winner: Two Miles of sunset
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island
- Ultimate Escapes: Timeless North, NT
- Get lost in style in the Northern Territory
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #18 see the wet season in the Top End
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #27 make the Red Centre pilgrimage
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #56 (tie) follow Larapinta Trail (World Expeditions), NT