Australian Traveller's editor Georgia Rickard shares her picks of the coming year’s top destinations. If you're not going to any of these in 2015, well, you should... Tasmania Everything about this state, to be honest – they don’t come any better. Why Tasmania? The Kimberley, WA It’s still the place to go, especially via expedition cruise and/or Broome. Kununurra will explode next. AT's Kimberley in focus. High Country, Vic No...
The hottest outdoor travel deals around: Glamp in the middle of Sydney Harbour, cruise in the car of your dreams, navigate the Murray River by houseboat or simply explore this great country of ours Under the stars at Cockatoo Island, Sydney Harbour Sleep under the stars on Cockatoo Island. By day explore the former convict and naval precincts and by night relax by the water’s edge in your camping or glamping tent with added creature comforts. From 19 January to 30 June 2015, book your 2-night package to receive 25% off each nights stay. Go Camping on World-Heritage-listed Cockatoo Island...
Four brilliant lessons in travel photography from the legendary Australian landscape photographer Ken Duncan Everyone’s a photographer these days, but only one man can claim the honour of starting the travel-photography-as-art movement: one Ken Duncan AM. Often referred to as ‘that landscape photographer’ (and occasionally recognised as Midnight Oil’s main snapper), Ken has shot some 200,000 wall-worthy images, so he’s probably the guy to thank for the pretty field of sunflowers hanging in your dentist’s waiting room. (Never mind the Order of Australia, countless international exhibitions, worldwide fan base or presidential admirers.) Having set up and conquered the world’s fine-art...
What do you get when you drop a small bar licence on a mining boom? Perth’s small bar scene is shaping up to be a match made in small-bar heaven. After marvelling at the free bus service that runs through the heart of Perth, Greta Stonehouse set about finding the best niche bars Perth has to offer. Angel’s Cut While this bar specialises in over 125 types of rum, the name Angel’s Cut is inspired by the process of whiskey making - the small amount of alcohol that evaporates during distilling is said to be the ‘angel’s share’. At Angel's...
GREAT AUSTRALIAN TRAVEL
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- The ‘ghost towns’ of outback NSW
- East coast country cottage chic
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #53 road trip the Legendary Pacific Coast, Sydney to Brisbane
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #63 take a beach break, Sapphire Coast, NSW
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #86 a beach break on The Shoalhaven Coast, NSW
- Your Shot Winner: Two Miles of sunset
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island