The humble bicycle meets rolling countryside... hop on for one of these luxury cycle tours through some of the finest scenery and fecund food baskets in all of Australia. Gourmet Cycling for Softies, Victorian High Country If you’re inspired by our experience, the aptly named ‘gourmet cycling for softies’ just might also appeal. This five-day fully guided tour through Victoria’s High Country will have you pedalling from Milawa to Myrtleford,...
Perched on the cliffs between the Pacific Ocean and Pittwater, Jonah’s has spectacular 180-degree ocean views over Whale Beach. One lucky reader will win an overnight stay in one of the 11 gorgeous Ocean Retreat rooms (worth $650), which are styled in a relaxed chic design, all with private balconies and jacuzzis. Breakfast is served in the award-winning restaurant, which is renowned for its contemporary Australian cuisine. jonahs.com.au For your chance to win CLICK HERE and tell us, in 25 words or less, ‘Why do you want to visit Jonah’s? Special terms: Valid until 31 August 2015. Subject to availability,...
Even if you’re not a cyclist, what awaits you along this trail is bound to have you peddling your little heart out, and then eating and drinking the finest Victorian produce. Chanel Gallen goes for a 3-day gourmet cycle: Beechworth, Milawa, Myrtleford, Bright, Rutherglen... (photography by Rebecca Taylor). How can you tell if someone’s taken up cycling? Why, they’ll tell you, of course. Just ask one of the fluro-wearing MAMLs (middle-aged men in lycra) who’ve taken over Saturday morning roads – they’ll happily chat to you about clicks, cleats and the fact of the matter: cycling is the new golf. It...
An adventurous 10-day, 2500-kilometre journey following the Warlu Way from Broome to Exmouth, with some luxury along the way (By Daniel Scott). We arrive at Deep Reach Pool in the Millstream-Chichester National Park at the mid-point of our 10-day journey from Broome to Exmouth. After the hot three-hour drive from the Pilbara coast, travelling through spinifex-covered hills and past huge mesas rearing out of the red desert, we are amazed to discover this deep waterway, lined by paperbark trees. The campervan’s engine has not stopped humming before we are immersed in the pool’s cool waters. For the next half-hour we...
GREAT AUSTRALIAN TRAVEL
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- The ‘ghost towns’ of outback NSW
- East coast country cottage chic
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #53 road trip the Legendary Pacific Coast, Sydney to Brisbane
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #63 take a beach break, Sapphire Coast, NSW
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #86 a beach break on The Shoalhaven Coast, NSW
- Dream road trips: Broome to Exmouth (via the Warlu Way)
- Dream road trips: Esperance to Perth (via Margaret River)
- Dream road trips – Perth to the Pilbara (return)
- Ultimate Escapes: WA’s Great South West Edge – wine, white sand & wilderness
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #19 escape to the Rowley Shoals, WA
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #85 swim with Manta Rays, Lady Elliot Island, Qld
- Thalia Haven – the greatest ocean-view bathtub in sight?
- Ultimate Escapes: Tasmania
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #2 road trip Tasmania’s east coast
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #5 book into Saffire Freycinet, Tas
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #13 (a tie) walk the Freycinet Experience, Tas
- Ultimate Escapes: Timeless North, NT
- Get lost in style in the Northern Territory
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #18 see the wet season in the Top End
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #27 make the Red Centre pilgrimage
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #56 (tie) follow Larapinta Trail (World Expeditions), NT