2012 Readers’ Choice Awards: Best Major Airline
The ‘Spirit of Australians’ has again won, and by seismic proportions. With over 50 percent of entries nominating Qantas, it seems the flying kangaroo truly resonates with AT readers.
Service, safety and reliability were the key reasons why Qantas got your vote, as were the “wonderful crew”, and Australian history.
Your comments were overwhelmingly positive: one reader said “no matter where you are in the world, when you travel with Qantas you feel like you are home”.
Another told us their vote went to Qantas for the “excellent service, meals and entertainment”.
The little touches make the biggest difference it seems, with many of you praising the “easy self check-in” and “extras that others charge for”. Qantas’ frequent flyer program and lack of flight cancellations also received many mentions.
As one reader put it, “Qantas has that X Factor”. qantas.com.au
Working hard to bridge the divide between first and second place, second-time finalist Virgin Australia (virginaustralia.com/au) has been ever improving their service, fares, and reliability, while AT readers again nominated Jetstar (jetstar.com/au) for affordability and friendly service.
LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply
BUY THE ISSUE
This article appeared in Issue 48 of Australian Traveller.
The DEC/JAN The Reader Awards issue
MORE FROM AIR TRAVEL
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- The ‘ghost towns’ of outback NSW
- East coast country cottage chic
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #53 road trip the Legendary Pacific Coast, Sydney to Brisbane
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #63 take a beach break, Sapphire Coast, NSW
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #86 a beach break on The Shoalhaven Coast, NSW
- Your Shot Winner: Two Miles of sunset
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island