2012 Readers’ Choice Awards: Best Regional Airline
An overwhelming number of AT readers voted QantasLink as the country’s best regional airline.
Operating over 2000 flights per week to 56 towns and cities across Australia and Papua New Guinea, Qantaslink has demonstrated an obvious commitment to rural and regional Australia.
Many of you pointed out that QantasLink is the only airline to service many outlying airports, such as Lord Howe Island, Alice Springs and Bundaberg.
Destinations aside, it is the staff and service that has earned loyal customers, with comments like “the staff are always helpful and welcoming” reappearing time and time again.
Unsurprisingly, the airline was also named 2012 Regional Airline of the Year by Air Transport World. qantas.com.au
Taking out first place last year, Regional Express (rex.com.au) is still a strong favourite for its punctual departures and friendly service, while Western Australia’s Skywest (skywest.com.au) again scored votes making the state’s remote locations accessible with reliability, reasonable fares and good service.
LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply
BUY THE ISSUE
This article appeared in Issue 48 of Australian Traveller.
The DEC/JAN The Reader Awards issue
MORE FROM AIR TRAVEL
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- The ‘ghost towns’ of outback NSW
- East coast country cottage chic
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #53 road trip the Legendary Pacific Coast, Sydney to Brisbane
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #63 take a beach break, Sapphire Coast, NSW
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #86 a beach break on The Shoalhaven Coast, NSW
- Your Shot Winner: Two Miles of sunset
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island