2012 Readers’ Choice Awards: Best Regional Airline
An overwhelming number of AT readers voted QantasLink as the country’s best regional airline.
Operating over 2000 flights per week to 56 towns and cities across Australia and Papua New Guinea, Qantaslink has demonstrated an obvious commitment to rural and regional Australia.
Many of you pointed out that QantasLink is the only airline to service many outlying airports, such as Lord Howe Island, Alice Springs and Bundaberg.
Destinations aside, it is the staff and service that has earned loyal customers, with comments like “the staff are always helpful and welcoming” reappearing time and time again.
Unsurprisingly, the airline was also named 2012 Regional Airline of the Year by Air Transport World. qantas.com.au
Taking out first place last year, Regional Express (rex.com.au) is still a strong favourite for its punctual departures and friendly service, while Western Australia’s Skywest (skywest.com.au) again scored votes making the state’s remote locations accessible with reliability, reasonable fares and good service.
LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply
BUY THE ISSUE
This article appeared in Issue 48 of Australian Traveller.
The DEC/JAN The Reader Awards issue
MORE FROM AIR TRAVEL
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- Dream road trips: Broome to Exmouth (via the Warlu Way)
- Dream road trips: Esperance to Perth (via Margaret River)
- Dream road trips – Perth to the Pilbara (return)
- Ultimate Escapes: WA’s Great South West Edge – wine, white sand & wilderness
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #19 escape to the Rowley Shoals, WA
- Your Shot Winner: Two Miles of sunset
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island
- Ultimate Escapes: Timeless North, NT
- Get lost in style in the Northern Territory
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #18 see the wet season in the Top End
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #27 make the Red Centre pilgrimage
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #56 (tie) follow Larapinta Trail (World Expeditions), NT