Affordable Summer Holidays: Albany
AT’s guide to the best cheap accommodation for summer and Christmas holidays
Why do we rate it?
Rugged coastline and a dramatic convict past gives this town a point of difference.
Where is it?
417km south-east of Perth, it’s a 5hr 30min drive on the Albany Highway.
Where to stay
Middleton Beach Holiday Park has deluxe spa villas for couples wanting something a bit spesh, or two-bedroom ensuite cabins, chalets or camping sites. Chalets and B&Bs back from the beach are plentiful. Try B&B by the Sea for balcony seaviews or heritage-styled Vancouver House.
How much is it?
Middleton Beach Holiday Park deluxe spa villas are $300 a night, sleeping four; two-bedroom cabins are $180. B&B by the Sea rooms are $160 a night for two people including breakfast and Vancouver House has queen rooms for $105 a night for two.
Middleton Beach has limited availability at Christmas; B&Bs get busy in the first week of January.
What to do
Walking along the coastline is a great way to experience this town. Stop by Muttonbird Island before heading to Whale World, Albany’s Whaling Museum. Learn more about the town’s interesting history at the Princess Royal Fortress Museum. The Lake Seppings bird walk is great for bird lovers.
Middleton Beach Holiday Park //
28 Flinders Pde.
(08) 9841 3593; holidayalbany.com.au
B&B by the Sea //
7 Griffiths St.
(08) 9844 1135; bbythesea.com.au
Vancouver House //
86 Stirling Terr.
(08) 9842 1071; vancouverhousebnb.com.au
LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply
Where // WA, Australia
BUY THE ISSUE
This article appeared in Issue 35 of Australian Traveller.
118 Affordable Summer Holidays You Can Book Now
Top 5 Girls Road Trips
Best Of Bondi: The Locals Guide to Avoid The Tourist Traps
Emirate's Wolgan Valley Resort & Spa: What's It Really Like
How To Holiday Like An A Lister
Australia's Most Interesting Town
MORE FROM ALBANY
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- Ultimate Escapes: WA’s Great South West Edge – wine, white sand & wilderness
- Dream road trips: Broome to Exmouth (via the Warlu Way)
- Dream road trips: Esperance to Perth (via Margaret River)
- Dream road trips – Perth to the Pilbara (return)
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #19 escape to the Rowley Shoals, WA
- Your Shot Winner: Two Miles of sunset
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island