Affordable Summer Holidays: Albany
AT’s guide to the best cheap accommodation for summer and Christmas holidays
Why do we rate it?
Rugged coastline and a dramatic convict past gives this town a point of difference.
Where is it?
417km south-east of Perth, it’s a 5hr 30min drive on the Albany Highway.
Where to stay
Middleton Beach Holiday Park has deluxe spa villas for couples wanting something a bit spesh, or two-bedroom ensuite cabins, chalets or camping sites. Chalets and B&Bs back from the beach are plentiful. Try B&B by the Sea for balcony seaviews or heritage-styled Vancouver House.
How much is it?
Middleton Beach Holiday Park deluxe spa villas are $300 a night, sleeping four; two-bedroom cabins are $180. B&B by the Sea rooms are $160 a night for two people including breakfast and Vancouver House has queen rooms for $105 a night for two.
Middleton Beach has limited availability at Christmas; B&Bs get busy in the first week of January.
What to do
Walking along the coastline is a great way to experience this town. Stop by Muttonbird Island before heading to Whale World, Albany’s Whaling Museum. Learn more about the town’s interesting history at the Princess Royal Fortress Museum. The Lake Seppings bird walk is great for bird lovers.
Middleton Beach Holiday Park //
28 Flinders Pde.
(08) 9841 3593; holidayalbany.com.au
B&B by the Sea //
7 Griffiths St.
(08) 9844 1135; bbythesea.com.au
Vancouver House //
86 Stirling Terr.
(08) 9842 1071; vancouverhousebnb.com.au
LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply
Where // WA, Australia
BUY THE ISSUE
This article appeared in Issue 35 of Australian Traveller.
118 Affordable Summer Holidays You Can Book Now
Top 5 Girls Road Trips
Best Of Bondi: The Locals Guide to Avoid The Tourist Traps
Emirate's Wolgan Valley Resort & Spa: What's It Really Like
How To Holiday Like An A Lister
Australia's Most Interesting Town
MORE FROM ALBANY
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- The ‘ghost towns’ of outback NSW
- East coast country cottage chic
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #53 road trip the Legendary Pacific Coast, Sydney to Brisbane
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #63 take a beach break, Sapphire Coast, NSW
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #86 a beach break on The Shoalhaven Coast, NSW
- Dream road trips: Broome to Exmouth (via the Warlu Way)
- Dream road trips: Esperance to Perth (via Margaret River)
- Dream road trips – Perth to the Pilbara (return)
- Ultimate Escapes: WA’s Great South West Edge – wine, white sand & wilderness
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #19 escape to the Rowley Shoals, WA
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #85 swim with Manta Rays, Lady Elliot Island, Qld
- Thalia Haven – the greatest ocean-view bathtub in sight?
- Ultimate Escapes: Tasmania
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #2 road trip Tasmania’s east coast
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #5 book into Saffire Freycinet, Tas
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #13 (a tie) walk the Freycinet Experience, Tas
- Ultimate Escapes: Timeless North, NT
- Get lost in style in the Northern Territory
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #18 see the wet season in the Top End
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #27 make the Red Centre pilgrimage
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #56 (tie) follow Larapinta Trail (World Expeditions), NT