‘Your Shot’ Winner: Cable Beach, WA
And the winner of our ‘Your Shot’ reader photo competition this issue is….
“Riding the famous camels along Cable Beach is a unique event that is experienced by so many and remains embedded as a wonderful holiday highlight.
There are multiple teams of camels providing rides and the most popular of all are the sunset tours along the pristine beach. The train of camel riders traverse the sand northwards past a multitude of 4WDS parked on the beach, while locals sipping on coldies in deck chairs watch on.
As the sun was setting over the Indian Ocean I tried to capture the feeling but also isolate the riders from other vehicles – so found a vacant area of beach between deck chairs and waited for the camels to walk past on the edge of water, being silhouetted by the setting sun. This was taken with a Nikon D300 at 6.57pm on the 10 Sept 2011. Shutter speed 1/4000s; f5.6; ISO 200; and focal length18mm.”
LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply
Cable Beach, WA
Where // WA, Australia
BUY THE ISSUE
This article appeared in Issue 46 of Australian Traveller.
The AUG/SEP The Food Edition
* Melbournes best new eats
* Beatiful Berry. Sydney's secret weekend escape.
* Hot Gormet Destinations You'll Be Visiting Next
The Burbury, The Denman, The Agrarian Kitchen, Speed Grazing, The Mill on Morrison
MORE FROM BROOME
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- The ‘ghost towns’ of outback NSW
- East coast country cottage chic
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #53 road trip the Legendary Pacific Coast, Sydney to Brisbane
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #63 take a beach break, Sapphire Coast, NSW
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #86 a beach break on The Shoalhaven Coast, NSW
- Dream road trips: Broome to Exmouth (via the Warlu Way)
- Dream road trips: Esperance to Perth (via Margaret River)
- Dream road trips – Perth to the Pilbara (return)
- Ultimate Escapes: WA’s Great South West Edge – wine, white sand & wilderness
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #19 escape to the Rowley Shoals, WA
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #85 swim with Manta Rays, Lady Elliot Island, Qld
- Ultimate Escapes: Timeless North, NT
- Get lost in style in the Northern Territory
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #18 see the wet season in the Top End
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #27 make the Red Centre pilgrimage
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #56 (tie) follow Larapinta Trail (World Expeditions), NT