77: Join the Junior Eco Rangers on Fraser Island (Qld)
The world’s largest sand island, Fraser Island is heaving with wildlife, making it the perfect place for kids to get up close and personal with some unique little critters under the watchful eye of the
Kingfisher Bay Resort’s Junior Eco Rangers program immerses kids in this unique environment with activities like exploring and learning about mangrove colonies, canoeing, bushwalking, searching for bats, sugar gliders and frogs, singing songs around a campfire or gazing at the stars. Sessions run on Friday nights and Saturday afternoons and evenings during the school term, with daily programs during school holidays. There are kids-only and all-ages programs in the afternoons, and evening programs for ages five to 14.
LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply
Fraser Island, QLD
Driving Fraser Island's 75 miles of beach is No. 9 on Australian Traveller's list of 100 Things To Do In Australia Before You Die.
Where // ACT, Australia
BUY THE ISSUE
This article appeared in Issue 54 of Australian Traveller.
The December 2013/January 2014: The Readers' Choice Awards Issue 2013 Readers' Choice Awards winners announced: Australia's 20 best destinations and experiences
- Travel trends and amazing places to visit in 2014
- Hidden treasures of Byron Bay
- Luxury walking in Tasmania
- A bonus magazine 101 Unforgettable Coastal Experiences
MORE FROM FRASER ISLAND
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- The ‘ghost towns’ of outback NSW
- East coast country cottage chic
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #53 road trip the Legendary Pacific Coast, Sydney to Brisbane
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #63 take a beach break, Sapphire Coast, NSW
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #86 a beach break on The Shoalhaven Coast, NSW
- Your Shot Winner: Two Miles of sunset
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island