2012 Readers’ Choice Awards: Best Bed & Breakfast
Glass on Glasshouse
For the second year running, Glass on Glasshouse came out on top as Australia’s best bed and breakfast.
Tucked away by Queensland’s picturesque Glasshouse Mountains, this stylish, contemporary hideaway features floor-to-ceiling glass windows for spectacular views of the Sunshine Coast Hinterland, so guests can experience nature up close, even when indoors.
These sleek pavilions offer understated luxury and a sense of seclusion, while being just six kilometres from the nearest town.
But with a dramatic freestanding double spa bath at your disposal, as well as a double-sided fireplace, luscious king-sized bedroom, breathtaking views of native wildlife, not to mention a delectable breakfast basket each morning, we doubt you’ll want to venture anywhere else. glassonglasshouse.com.au
Lillydale Farmstay (lillydale.com.au) in Queensland’s Scenic Rim won points for its service and family-friendly activities, while you loved the charm of Old George and Dragon Guesthouse (ogdguesthouse.com.au) in Maitland. You said Butterflies on Butterfield (butterfliesbnb.com.au) offers privacy and peace 10 minutes from Brisbane’s CBD, while shearing-shed-cum-B&B Black Sheep Inn (blacksheepinn.com.au) earnt points for its creative, rustic fitout.
LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply
BUY THE ISSUE
This article appeared in Issue 48 of Australian Traveller.
The DEC/JAN The Reader Awards issue
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- Dream road trips: Broome to Exmouth (via the Warlu Way)
- Dream road trips: Esperance to Perth (via Margaret River)
- Dream road trips – Perth to the Pilbara (return)
- Ultimate Escapes: WA’s Great South West Edge – wine, white sand & wilderness
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #19 escape to the Rowley Shoals, WA
- Your Shot Winner: Two Miles of sunset
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island