2012 Readers’ Choice Awards: Best Resort
qualia, Hamilton Island
“Heaven on earth” is how most AT readers described qualia, and we’re not surprised.
This award-winning escape, located on the northern tip of Hamilton Island, has frontal Coral Sea views, elegant architecture and lush landscapes, making it one of Australia’s most coveted resorts.
Two infinity swimming pools, a luxurious day spa, casual and fine dining, a fully-equipped gym and a concierge team catering to your every need are all excellent excuses to stay tucked up in the resort, but if you can pull yourself away to explore the island, getting around in your complimentary golf buggy will prove rather fun.
Still, it is the exceptional service here that really grabbed your votes – gushing comments about qualia being an “idyllic”, “sensational” and “amazing” escape are all founded. qualia.com.au
Last years’ winner Cable Beach Club (cablebeachclub.com) is still a favourite among AT readers, as is the Whitsundays’ uber-romantic Hayman Island Resort (hayman.com.au). Queensland continued to dominate in the resort stakes with Kingfisher Bay Resort (kingfisherbay.com) for its environmentally-conscious features, scenery and service, and world-class luxe Lizard Island (lizardisland.com.au).
LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply
Where // Palm Meadows, Palm Meadows Dr, , Gold Coast, 4211, QLD, Australia
Contact // (07) 5555 7700 , www.radisson.com/gold-coast.hotel
BUY THE ISSUE
This article appeared in Issue 48 of Australian Traveller.
The DEC/JAN The Reader Awards issue
MORE FROM HAMILTON ISLAND
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- Dream road trips: Broome to Exmouth (via the Warlu Way)
- Dream road trips: Esperance to Perth (via Margaret River)
- Dream road trips – Perth to the Pilbara (return)
- Ultimate Escapes: WA’s Great South West Edge – wine, white sand & wilderness
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #19 escape to the Rowley Shoals, WA
- Your Shot Winner: Two Miles of sunset
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island
- Ultimate Escapes: Timeless North, NT
- Get lost in style in the Northern Territory
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #18 see the wet season in the Top End
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #27 make the Red Centre pilgrimage
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #56 (tie) follow Larapinta Trail (World Expeditions), NT