It goes by some very odd names [intriguing place names]
There are some weird and wonderfully named places and landmarks out there beyond the back of Bourke. AT swears all of them are real, unlike the mythical BrisVegas or Ballafornia. Each and every one can be found scattered somewhere across this ochre landscape we call the outback.
It goes by some odd names [intriguing place names]
LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply
Where // SA, Australia
BUY THE ISSUE
This article appeared in Issue 27 of Australian Traveller.
Issue 27 - June/July 2009 Edition, Time To Go Outback + 20 Top Aussie Tours + 45 Great Aussie Pubs + Art & Shopping: The Best of Melbourne's Cool Laneways.BUY THIS ISSUE
MORE FROM OUTBACK HOLIDAYS
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- The ‘ghost towns’ of outback NSW
- East coast country cottage chic
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #53 road trip the Legendary Pacific Coast, Sydney to Brisbane
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #63 take a beach break, Sapphire Coast, NSW
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #86 a beach break on The Shoalhaven Coast, NSW
- Your Shot Winner: Two Miles of sunset
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island