Win a $7000 escape – Nominate for AT’s Readers’ Choice 2013
Nominate and win
Tell us your favourite travel experiences to win the ultimate luxury stay at exclusive Saffire Freycinet inTasmania.
To enter click here
Every year we need your help to uncover and reward Australia’s favourite travel experiences, accommodation and destinations for our Readers’ Choice Awards.
The winners will then be revealed in Australia Traveller’s Readers’ Choice Issue – December/January special edition on sale 5 December.
As a reward for your time, your nomination will be in the running to win an luxury stay at one of our favourite destinations.
Win a $7000 Escape at Saffire Freycinet including:
* Two nights in a Private Pavillion
* All meals including all deluxe beverages and personal bar
* All complimentary experiences such as cooking demonstrations and wine tasting, plus a $200 Spa Saffire credit
* Limousine transfers to and from Hobart airport (if required)
* Plus a Schouten Island half-day tour for two
Terms and conditions: Nominations close at 9pm on Friday, 1 November 2013. The winner will be announced in the December/January 2013/2014 issue of Australian Traveller (on sale 5 December). The prize is valid from 7 December to 7 June 2014 (subject to availability and black-out periods may apply). It is non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. Flights are not included. For full terms and conditions visit australiantraveller.com/terms
Actually it was there, ten years ago. Stunning walks. Amazing beaches. Friendliest people in Australia. OMG
Kangaroo Island in South Australia never fails to surprise and delight. On many visits since my honeymoon (way back then) I have always found new and enticing things to do. KI keeps pace with modern travellers’ needs for good roads, a range of accomodations to suit all budgets, wonderful food and local wines. Island artists and craftspersons have truly beautiful offerings .Gourmet food producers take advantage of the island’s pristine soils, air and water If you only have a day, take the iconic KI Highlights Day Tour from Adelaide or Victor Harbor or drive yourself to Cape Jervis and meet the ferry there. Even better, give yourself a few days or longer, drive yourself or use the island based day or half day tours. Camp at an amazing beach, stay in a lighthouse keepers cottage with views that go on forever, enjoy homegrown bed and breakfast hospitality or indulge in the luxury of a 5 star lodge at Hanson Bay. It is not hard to understand why Kangaroo Island is in the top five on international tourists wish lists.
Townsville and its crown jewel Magnetic Island are often overlooked, overflown or generally by-passed on the way to somewhere else. However that city and its hinterland prove to be truly a tropical surprise package with a growing sophistication. Particularly during the many festivals that are held there each year: such as the Australian Festival of Chamber Music.
First, I’m a Tasmaniac. Second I think the entire state is a treasure. Third, I vote for the entire destination to be numero uno on AT’s luxury escape list, as there are world-class restaurants, wineries and accommodation around the state. It is a luxury to escape to the Apple Isle, whatever your budget. It may be hard to get to, but it is more difficult to leave.
Montville Lake Terrace, set within the Sunshine Coast Hinterland in Queensland is well known for as a wedding party accommodation venue (sometimes being the setting for small intimate weddings), however it offers so much more.
A beautiful old renovated Queenslander, the premises offers 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, sleeping up to 10 guests.
The two story house offers amazing sweeping views of the rolling green hills and is the perfect getaway for time spent with family or a weekend away with friends.
Although the house itself is a getaway (did I mention that you can have a chef some onsite and cook meals), just a hop, skip and a stagger away are wineries (the closest being Flame Hill Vineyard). Just down the road is the quaint town of Montville itself with an array of eating and unique shopping experiences. This is a well known tourist attraction on the Sunshine Coast. If one has a car (recommended) they can also go on many a walk to the waterfalls in the local area and swim in Gardeners falls, visit the Kenilworth cheese factory and Maleny Dairies. and enjoy lunch and the astonishing view of the Sunshine Coast coastline from the Mapleton Tavern. these are the close by sightseeing options, the broader Sunshine Coast has so much more to offer- the Australia Zoo, Noosa Hastings Street but to name a couple.
Now apart from a tipple at the wineries, this is a relaxing and scenic holiday, spent with those you love.
I was lucky enough to get the opportunity to come across this marvel through bidding at a local fundraiser auction. As a Sunshine Coast local, I feel Montville Lake Terrace is a secret to most, a secret that should be no more!
Thanks for your great comments so far, but remember for your vote to count, and to be in with the chance of winning the $7000 escape, you must click here to officially nominate.
My favorite at present is a weekend away at Somewhere Unique at Wollombi on the fringe of the Hunter Valley. It is such a great location in a private eco friendly luxury building to just chill out or to explore the Hunter.
MORE FROM POST
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- The ‘ghost towns’ of outback NSW
- East coast country cottage chic
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #53 road trip the Legendary Pacific Coast, Sydney to Brisbane
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #63 take a beach break, Sapphire Coast, NSW
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #86 a beach break on The Shoalhaven Coast, NSW
- Dream road trips: Broome to Exmouth (via the Warlu Way)
- Dream road trips: Esperance to Perth (via Margaret River)
- Dream road trips – Perth to the Pilbara (return)
- Ultimate Escapes: WA’s Great South West Edge – wine, white sand & wilderness
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #19 escape to the Rowley Shoals, WA
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #85 swim with Manta Rays, Lady Elliot Island, Qld
- Thalia Haven – the greatest ocean-view bathtub in sight?
- Ultimate Escapes: Tasmania
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #2 road trip Tasmania’s east coast
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #5 book into Saffire Freycinet, Tas
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #13 (a tie) walk the Freycinet Experience, Tas
- Ultimate Escapes: Timeless North, NT
- Get lost in style in the Northern Territory
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #18 see the wet season in the Top End
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #27 make the Red Centre pilgrimage
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #56 (tie) follow Larapinta Trail (World Expeditions), NT