Fleurieu Peninsula, South Australia
The writer I note , has not included Second Valley.It is just before Rapid Bay.
The turnoff is on the main road and leads down to a rocky cove with a small beach,jetty and a short walk past some high cliffs ,to where fishermen once garaged their boats.Their is also an attractive old mill opposite the turnoff,which has been converted into a restaurant.Not far from the jetty is a kiosk and a camping ground.If your heading this way,it is well worth spending a half hour here to take in the sights and absorb it’s delightful ambiance.By the way,there are toilets by the jetty and a small carpark.
LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply
Fleurieu Peninsula, SA
Where // SA, Australia
BUY THE ISSUE
This article appeared in Issue 45 of Australian Traveller.
The JUN/JUL Road Trips & Short Breaks Edition
* 20 Short Breaks - State By State coverage of ultimate weekenders
* Quick Day Getaways - Escape the daily grind and hit the road less travelled for one-day sightseeing drives.
* Which Cruise? - Plus step aboard with AT as it hits the decks of three luxury vessels
MORE FROM SA
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- Ultimate Escapes: WA’s Great South West Edge – wine, white sand & wilderness
- Dream road trips: Broome to Exmouth (via the Warlu Way)
- Dream road trips: Esperance to Perth (via Margaret River)
- Dream road trips – Perth to the Pilbara (return)
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #19 escape to the Rowley Shoals, WA
- Your Shot Winner: Two Miles of sunset
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island