2012 Readers’ Choice Awards: Best Restaurant
With sweeping views of Sydney’s Opera House and Harbour Bridge, Peter Gilmore as executive chef and the coveted three-hat rating, it’s no wonder this multi-award-winning restaurant has again been voted Best Restaurant by you.
The impressive location at the Overseas Passenger Terminal in The Rocks is undoubtedly a highlight; however it’s the food that has you raving. In particular, the “unbeatable” and “truly out of this world” white nectarine snow egg was a staunch favourite, although the rest of the menu and service were also dubbed faultless.
As one reader notes, “Peter Gilmore doesn’t make food, he delivers an unforgettable experience”. Quay has just been voted Number 29 on the S. Pellegrino World’s 50 Best Restaurants, making it The Best Restaurant in Australasia for the third year in a row. quay.com.au
Second-time finalists Rockpool Bar &Grill (rockpool.com), Aria, Sydney (ariarestaurant.com) and Japanese-inspired Tetsuya’s (tetsuyas.com) cemented their position as the cream of Sydney’s culinary crop, followed by new favourite Guillaume at Bennelong (guillaumeatbennelong.com.au), set within the Opera House.
LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply
BUY THE ISSUE
This article appeared in Issue 48 of Australian Traveller.
The DEC/JAN The Reader Awards issue
MORE FROM SYDNEY
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- Ultimate Escapes: WA’s Great South West Edge – wine, white sand & wilderness
- Dream road trips: Broome to Exmouth (via the Warlu Way)
- Dream road trips: Esperance to Perth (via Margaret River)
- Dream road trips – Perth to the Pilbara (return)
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #19 escape to the Rowley Shoals, WA
- Your Shot Winner: Two Miles of sunset
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island