2012 Readers’ Choice Awards: Best Cruise or Yachting Experience
Chartering a yacht and skippering it yourself through the Whitsundays has again won first place.
As one reader explained, “there’s nothing like being on your own yacht, surrounded by natural beauty, able to pick your own anchorage and enjoy,” neatly summarising the thoughts of many.
And when exploring the area’s clear luminescent water, magical reef life and pristine beaches, why would you want to do it any other way?
“It is so great,” reflected another reader, “to be able to holiday on your own terms, go where you want and when you want.” Agreed a third, “it is as close as you can get to heaven”. whitsundayholidays.com.au/bareboating-whitsundays.html
It was the iconic landmarks passed on board a Sydney Harbour cruise (sydneyharbourcruises.com.au) that cemented its position in second place, followed by the ultimate outback sailing experience – True North Kimberley Cruise (northstarcruises.com.au). Meanwhile second-time finalist P&O Cruises (pocruises.com.au) tied with Princess Cruises (princess.com).
This is a beautiful photograph. I am interested in using this image for commercial purposes. Is this a creative commons photo or is it purchasable?
Please let me know,
LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply
BUY THE ISSUE
This article appeared in Issue 48 of Australian Traveller.
The DEC/JAN The Reader Awards issue
MORE FROM THE WHITSUNDAYS
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- The ‘ghost towns’ of outback NSW
- East coast country cottage chic
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #53 road trip the Legendary Pacific Coast, Sydney to Brisbane
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #63 take a beach break, Sapphire Coast, NSW
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #86 a beach break on The Shoalhaven Coast, NSW
- Your Shot Winner: Two Miles of sunset
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island