OMG It’s Gorgeous! Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat
Picture this. Lounging on a sunbed, soaked in sunshine and birds twittering in the background, all while admiring the neighbouring World Heritage national park.
This is Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat in the Tweed Valley near Murwillumbah, on the New South Wales-Queensland border, surrounded by lofty mountain ridges and tropical rainforest.
Of course, no private deck experience would be complete without a solar-heated plunge pool and thankfully, the Luxury Mountain View Lodge comes with just that…as well as sunbeds, an alfresco dining area and a stainless-steel roasting barbecue.
It seems the interior has been just as thoughtfully appointed.
The open-plan design encompasses French oak floorboards throughout, floor-to-ceiling windows to take advantage of the rainforest views, and a double-sided fireplace that screens the king-sized bedroom from a generous living area.
Special extras like a large stargazing skylight (with block-out blind) above the bed and a double marble bath make this an especially romantic escape.
Guests staying in any of the retreat’s 10 architect-designed hideaways can also expect fresh, gourmet meals delivered straight to the door, including picnic packs to take with you on a day of exploring – if you ever decide to leave that is.
In the meantime, we think the sunbed will suffice just fine.
Where: 201 Brookers Road, Upper Crystal Creek via Murwillumbah NSW
Cost: From $645 per couple per night
Contact: 02 6679 1591, ccrr.com.au
LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply
Where // Palm Meadows, Palm Meadows Dr, , Gold Coast, 4211, QLD, Australia
Contact // (07) 5555 7700 , www.radisson.com/gold-coast.hotel
BUY THE ISSUE
This article appeared in Issue 48 of Australian Traveller.
The DEC/JAN The Reader Awards issue
MORE FROM TWEED VALLEY
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- Ultimate Escapes: WA’s Great South West Edge – wine, white sand & wilderness
- Dream road trips: Broome to Exmouth (via the Warlu Way)
- Dream road trips: Esperance to Perth (via Margaret River)
- Dream road trips – Perth to the Pilbara (return)
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #19 escape to the Rowley Shoals, WA
- Your Shot Winner: Two Miles of sunset
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island