The people have voted and nominations have now closed for Australian Traveller’s People’s Choice Awards 2015. Here are the shortlist of finalists…
People Choice shortlist 2015
There are 20 categories to be decided on November 30, 2015, to be awarded at our gala awards night at Pier One Sydney Harbour. Below are the finalists for the top seven People’s Choice categories – shortlist nominees are in no particular order:
Your favourite travel experience?
Broome and the Kimberley – Far North Queensland – Melbourne – Sydney – Tasmania
Best beachside town?
Broome – Byron Bay – Lorne – Noosa – Port Douglas
Most desirable island escape?
Hamilton Island – Hayman Island – Kangaroo Island – Lord Howe Island – Tasmania
Best luxury hotel?
Crown Towers (Melbourne) – InterContinental Double Bay Sydney – Langham (Melbourne) – Park Hyatt (Sydney) – qualia, Hamilton Island
Best wine region?
Barossa Valley – Hunter Valley – McLaren Vale – Margaret River – Yarra Valley
Australia’s must-visit food region?
Barossa Valley – Hunter Valley – Margaret River – Orange – Yarra Valley
One destination you would recommend every Australian visit?
Great Barrier Reef – Kimberley – Sydney – Tasmania – Uluru/Red Centre
Other categories to be decided on the night…
- Which is Australia’s perfect city break destination?
- Which is Australia’s best family holiday spot?
- Which is Australia’s cosiest winter destination?
- Which is Australia’s best town off the beaten track?
- Which is Australia’s best affordable hotel?
- Which is Australia’s hotel that best caters to kids?
- Which is Australia’s best campground?
- Which is Australia’s top airline for service?
- Which is Australia’s best airport?
- Which is Australia’s best bushwalking journey?
- Which is Australia’s most scenic driving holiday?
- Which is Australia’s best water activity and the best place to experience it?
- In Australia what is your ultimate dream experience?
Best of luck to all (winners announced 30 November, 2015)…
The luxury prize includes
• Three nights in a beautifully appointed Heritage Suite at Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley for two
• Return airport/CBD luxury private transfers
• Gourmet breakfast, lunch and dinner daily plus all non-alcoholic beverages and a select range of local wines and beer with meals
• Two on-site nature-based activities per day
About Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley
Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley is an ultra-luxury conservation-based resort, located 2.5 hours’ drive from Sydney in the World Heritage-listed Greater Blue Mountains region. Set on 7000 acres of carbon-neutral conservation and wildlife reserve, the resort combines absolute luxury with a quintessentially Australian bush experience.
Terms and conditions
Nominations close Wednesday 26 October 2015. The winner will be announced in the December 2015/January 2016 issue of Australian Traveller (on sale 4 December). The prize is valid until 4 December 2016. Vouchers cannot be used during event periods, block-out dates apply (which includes school holiday periods) and all redemptions are subject to availability. Stays are non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. Upgrades, longer stays and private transfers are accepted at an additional charge to the prize winner. Prize valued at $10,000 AUD for two guests only. See Australian Traveller’s full terms and conditions
Need inspiration? Return to the Best of Australian travel