They’ve been on the road since June, taken hundreds of stunning pics, and have managed to keep the whole family happy. Power Family Update
They’ve been on the road since June, taken hundreds of stunning pics, and have managed to keep the whole family happy.
Earlier this year, the Power family of four set out on the journey of a lifetime, through dozens of towns right around Australia’s coast – and now they’re nearly home.
On October 5th they roll back into the driveway after an epic 17,500km road trip around Australia. Professional photographer Greg, his wife Rachel and their daughters Jasmine and Jemma have travelled together and survived. More importantly, they’ve had a great time.
Here are their Top Tips on keeping the whole family happy for that Great Australian Driving Adventure:
1. Pack a soccer ball – it’s endless fun and makes kids instant friends in caravan parks.
2. Bring a portable DVD player. A great way to occupy children. But keep the watching to a minimum, it’d be nice if they saw some of the scenery too.
3. A digital camera. We used PowerShots the whole way, and they’re great for getting the whole family in on the action. But don’t forget to pack a large memory card and rechargeable batteries
4. Travel snacks are a must. However, make them non-sugary. We’ve found rice snacks are great (low-salt ones) and fruit (cut up is easiest when they’re this young). Little pop-tops are handy too if you forget their own drink bottles. Try to keep drinks cool in summer. It’s a fantastic relief when in a hot car, even with air conditioning.
5. Separate the kids as best as you can! We’re lucky enough to have a fridge that sits in between the girls – this keeps our lunch and drinks cold, gives the girls a table to draw on and gives them their own space.