Splash out for a holiday, you’ve earned it! Ah, but where to go?
All the luxury destinations that made our recent 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia list have become destinations in their own right.
Here’s how our 20-member panel of experts rated the most opulent places to stay in Australia (number they finished overall in the 100 in brackets). Here’s the 1000-threadcount Aussie bucket list of Luxury Lodges…
1. Book into Saffire Freycinet, Tasmania (5)
2. Stay at qualia. Just once in your life, Hamilton Island, Queensland (10)
3. … And go straight to Lizard Island afterwards, Queensland (11)
4. Become a Firewalker, Bay of Fires, Tasmania (16)
5. Play castaway on Bedarra Island, Queensland (26)
6. Sleep at the Lodge of Dreams, Southern Ocean Lodge, Kangaroo Island (30)
7. Stay at Longitude 131, Uluru, Northern Territory (39)
8. Stay at Berkeley River Lodge, Western Australia (42)
9. Hide out for a luxe weekend in Spa Country, Daylesford, Victoria (56)
10. Escape to El Questro Homestead, Kimberley, Western Australia (71)
MORE: See the full list: The 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia