Don’t You Wish You Were Here?
Each issue Australian Traveller captures a stunning Aussie location. This time, we look at Spicers Hidden Vale in Grandchester, Qld.
It’s not hard to imagaine reclining back in this poolside sunbed, local drop in one hand, good book in the other. But if that’s too much effort for your likings, just slip off the end and into the view-hogging rock pool below.
All the while watching as the sun sinks behind this Lockyer Valley vista.
We are of course at Spicers Hidden Vale, Grandchester, 75km south-west of Brisbane’s CBD. Set on a 12,000 acre farm, the property boasts luxurious colonial-style accommodation, an award-winning restaurant and a decadent day spa.
And if you can pull yourself away from these creature comforts long enough, there’s also on-site horse riding, 4WD tours, hot-air balloon flights and yoga classes.
Oh, and did we mention there’s a second pool?
Prices start at $279 per night for this slice of paradise, including lavish restaurant breakfasts.
Ah, life’s tough…
LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply
Where // QLD, Australia
BUY THE ISSUE
This article appeared in Issue 46 of Australian Traveller.
The AUG/SEP The Food Edition
* Melbournes best new eats
* Beatiful Berry. Sydney's secret weekend escape.
* Hot Gormet Destinations You'll Be Visiting Next
The Burbury, The Denman, The Agrarian Kitchen, Speed Grazing, The Mill on Morrison
MORE FROM QLD
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- The ‘ghost towns’ of outback NSW
- East coast country cottage chic
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #53 road trip the Legendary Pacific Coast, Sydney to Brisbane
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #63 take a beach break, Sapphire Coast, NSW
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #86 a beach break on The Shoalhaven Coast, NSW
- Your Shot Winner: Two Miles of sunset
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island