Australian Traveller was formed in 2005 with two objectives:
- Publish Australia’s first domestic Australian travel magazine and website
- Provide advertisers a readership of committed, smart and discerning travellers
Australian Traveller magazine is written by Australians, for Australians about travelling within Australia. The magazine is published bi-monthly (6 times a year). You can subscribe to the magazine here. It is the only national domestic travel magazine and the highest selling of all travel magazines in Australia.
The editorial policy of the magazine is “THE REAL DEAL”. We do not accept free or sponsored travel for our reviews section. This policy enables us to maintain the editorial independence of the magazine and the trust of our readers. We pay our own way and visit anonymously to ensure we experience exactly what our readers would without fear or favour.
For a copy of our editorial guidelines please email us.
Australian Traveller is full of the finest writing, covering the entire range of travel experiences available in this country – from luxury to small-town hospitality, from the outback to the beach, from laid-back relaxation to active adventure. We cover and review major events, art exhibitions, restaurants and leisure activities in major cities and rural regions so you can feel like you’re having a holiday even when you’re staying at home. Because that’s what being Australian is all about – enjoying the amazing lifestyle we have in this country.
Providing advertisers with an effective advertising solution
Advertisers reach a committed audience within a premium and respected environment. Advertisers reach this captive and committed audience when they are planning and researching their travel. Contact us for advertising information
Many organisations buy multiple copies of each issue for their customer loyalty programs and marketing. Pricing and more information.
International Traveller Magazine
In 2012 the company launched it’s second magazine. International Traveller magazine and website. A magazine for Australians heading overseas, using the same values of quality editorial and independent reviews that made the original Australian Traveller magazine the most trusted travel magazine in Australia.
With the same goals as Australian Traveller Magazine to be the most authoritative, accessible, informative and entertaining source for any International Traveller.
Check it out, International Traveller Magazine
Quentin has held senior management roles with Fairfax in Sydney, London and Singapore.
Nigel has held senior management roles at Fairfax Sydney and Mentorvest Partners.
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- The ‘ghost towns’ of outback NSW
- East coast country cottage chic
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #53 road trip the Legendary Pacific Coast, Sydney to Brisbane
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #63 take a beach break, Sapphire Coast, NSW
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #86 a beach break on The Shoalhaven Coast, NSW
- Dream road trips: Broome to Exmouth (via the Warlu Way)
- Dream road trips: Esperance to Perth (via Margaret River)
- Dream road trips – Perth to the Pilbara (return)
- Ultimate Escapes: WA’s Great South West Edge – wine, white sand & wilderness
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #19 escape to the Rowley Shoals, WA
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #85 swim with Manta Rays, Lady Elliot Island, Qld
- Ultimate Escapes: Timeless North, NT
- Get lost in style in the Northern Territory
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #18 see the wet season in the Top End
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #27 make the Red Centre pilgrimage
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #56 (tie) follow Larapinta Trail (World Expeditions), NT