Already you can’t take liquids (over 100ml) on your carry-on luggage and sometimes you have to take off your shoes and belt before boarding a flight, but things are about to even more intense now that the Australian Government has declared a high terror alert. How will this affect you and what can you do, asks Quentin Long. 1. Beat the queues New security measures ultimately will mean longer queues....
Australian Traveller gives you this spring's hottest travel bargains right here, right now: accommodation, walks, flights and cycling tours. Happy travels and, oh, be quick... To receive the latest travel discounts and deals straight into your inbox every month, and have the chance at winning a $4000 luxe holiday to Bali, simply >>click and subscribe here Hilton Hotel Brisbane You don’t have to look far for that perfect romantic getaway. Today, surprise your special one with a stay at Hilton Brisbane, and spend quality time together. Explore new sights and discover what makes Brisbane great. From $225 p.room p.night* Book a It’s...
Is there ever, ever any instance where shared bathrooms can be chic, asks Winsor Dobbin? A night in Tasmania's new Montacute Boutique Bunk House should answer that... Rose Flynn and Antony Langdon, the livewire young owners of Hobart’s chic new accommodation offering, reckon they opened Montacute Boutique Bunkhouse because they “know that a trip to Tasmania can add up”. Is it a hotel? Not really. Is it a guesthouse? Not exactly. Is it a hostel? Well... not like any hostel you’ve stayed at before. It has been described as perfect for those with champagne tastes on a cider budget, and...
It was 1999 when two Queensland girls launched a small jeans label in Sydney. Fifteen years later, the pair have left an indelibly Australian imprint on the international luxury fashion industry (and reinvented the average jean zip-length in the process). sass & bide co-founder Sarah-Jane Clarke talks to Georgia Rickard about one very Australian journey Let us, for a moment, take stock of Australia’s fairly impressive reputation for success. We make great wine. We can act. We can even manage to win the odd Olympic gold… in winter. For a population of our size, some ridiculously miniscule fraction of the...
GREAT AUSTRALIAN TRAVEL
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- The ‘ghost towns’ of outback NSW
- East coast country cottage chic
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #53 road trip the Legendary Pacific Coast, Sydney to Brisbane
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #63 take a beach break, Sapphire Coast, NSW
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #86 a beach break on The Shoalhaven Coast, NSW
- Dream road trips: Broome to Exmouth (via the Warlu Way)
- Dream road trips: Esperance to Perth (via Margaret River)
- Dream road trips – Perth to the Pilbara (return)
- Ultimate Escapes: WA’s Great South West Edge – wine, white sand & wilderness
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #19 escape to the Rowley Shoals, WA
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #85 swim with Manta Rays, Lady Elliot Island, Qld
- Ultimate Escapes: Timeless North, NT
- Get lost in style in the Northern Territory
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #18 see the wet season in the Top End
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #27 make the Red Centre pilgrimage
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #56 (tie) follow Larapinta Trail (World Expeditions), NT