Everything you need to know about the Travelodge brand in Australia. From the staff at Australian Traveller magazine.
Australian Traveller's first-ever Readers' Choice Awards for 2011; results for Best Affotdable Hotel Brand in Australia. THE WINNER: NOVOTEL This global hotel brand is part of the Accor Hotels stable. Novotel has 400 hotels and resorts in 58 countries, but the ones our readers love the most are Novotel Twin Waters on the Sunshine Coast, Novotel Palm Cove, Novotel Brisbane and Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour. While the AT team would consider some of these properties more mid-range than affordable (most are over $200 a night), it seems our readership isn’t too badly off, even when they’re on a budget. But...
AT's guide to the best cheap accommodation for summer and Christmas holidays Melbourne Why do we rate it? Melbourne really knows how to celebrate summer. We rate its food, wine and frivolity. Where is it? It may be at the bottom of the map, but it’s got top spot as Australia’s cultural capital. Where to stay We recommend the Pensione Melbourne for a night right in the centre of town – as long as you don’t intend spending much time there. The rooms are clean, modern and minimalist (read bare and small). But if shopping and nights out are on...
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- Dream road trips: Broome to Exmouth (via the Warlu Way)
- Dream road trips: Esperance to Perth (via Margaret River)
- Dream road trips – Perth to the Pilbara (return)
- Ultimate Escapes: WA’s Great South West Edge – wine, white sand & wilderness
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #19 escape to the Rowley Shoals, WA
- Your Shot Winner: Two Miles of sunset
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island
- Ultimate Escapes: Timeless North, NT
- Get lost in style in the Northern Territory
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #18 see the wet season in the Top End
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #27 make the Red Centre pilgrimage
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #56 (tie) follow Larapinta Trail (World Expeditions), NT