MELBOURNE LUXURY ACCOMMODATION
The Langham Melbourne has scooped an award for the best city hotel in Australasia and the South Pacific for the second year in a row. The five-star Yarra River-front property took the Top City Hotel Award for US and UK magazine Travel + Leisure in an award ceremony in New York on Thursday (18 July). The results are based on a reader survey in the magazine. See melbourne.langhamhotels.com
A shiny new hotel chain has arrived here in Australia – so Clementine Ford does her patriotic duty and checks in Melbournian weather can have a terrible effect on the soul. After a long, cold winter, you might find yourself celebrating the arrival of spring, when suddenly everything is cold and damp once more, and staring at the third blanket laid across your sad little bed makes you want to cry. So what better way to give you a little skip in your step than to check out of your humble dwellings for a night and into a place where...
The Como Hotel is once again the new kid on the Chapel Street block – and just in the nick of time, writes Georgia Rickard. Bruce Springsteen. Kylie Minogue. Michael Buble. Robbie Williams. Since The Como’s grand inception some 22 years ago, it’s played host to visiting rock stars, Hollywood royalty and the movers and shakers of the globe. But I can also exclusively confirm that the Como was visited by one less glamorous guest, back in its heyday: a wide-eyed, 13-year-old me. I had begged and nagged and beseeched my mother for a shopping trip to Melbourne; staying at...
Crown Hotels Melbourne Melbourne’s award-winning Crown trifecta is comprised of Crown Towers, Crown Metropol and Crown Promenade, all of which have been dubbed by readers as stylish, modern, luxuriously-appointed stays with decadent touches and memorable service. The flat-screen bathtub televisions, central location, high-end restaurants and otherworldly spas also had a lasting impression on many of you. One reader voted for Crown for “the glamourous feeling – the next best thing to being in Las Vegas”, while another said “it was pure heaven. I had a two-hour soak in the bath with lovely toiletries, followed by a fluffy bathrobe and room...
Prime locations, superb service, immaculate design – if you’re looking for luxury in Australia’s capital of European style, these truly are the best of the best . . . and for very good reason. Crown Towers Opulent, decadent, huge; this is the crème-de-la-crème of Melbourne hotels. With soaring South Bank views of the city lights and an interior big and well-equipped enough to keep you occupied for days without having to step outdoors, this is the place to pull out all the stops and splash out on an extended stay. A hangout for the rich and famous, Crown Towers is...
Which one does it for you - Melbourne's five star Park Hyatt Hotel or the city's heartless heart - Crown Casino? A TALE OF TWO CITIES Hotel Review by Damian Cowell (Hotels and resorts reviewed by Australian Traveller are visited anonymously by our writers who pay their own way.) Did you know there are two Melbournes? Hang on, that can’t be right, can it? Every visitor to Melbourne will tell you that Melbourne is a 500 metre stretch of Yarra Boulevard known as “Crown” – what else could there be? But there is another Melbourne. In the rush to turn...
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- The ‘ghost towns’ of outback NSW
- East coast country cottage chic
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #53 road trip the Legendary Pacific Coast, Sydney to Brisbane
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #63 take a beach break, Sapphire Coast, NSW
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #86 a beach break on The Shoalhaven Coast, NSW
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #19 escape to the Rowley Shoals, WA
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #23 a beachy road trip in WA’s South West
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #42 stay at Berkeley River Lodge, WA
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #59 trek with an elder, WA
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #61 drive the Coral Coast, Perth to Exmouth
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #85 swim with Manta Rays, Lady Elliot Island, Qld
- Thalia Haven – the greatest ocean-view bathtub in sight?
- Ultimate Escapes: Tasmania
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #2 road trip Tasmania’s east coast
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #5 book into Saffire Freycinet, Tas
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #13 (a tie) walk the Freycinet Experience, Tas
- Get lost in style in the Northern Territory
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #18 see the wet season in the Top End
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #27 make the Red Centre pilgrimage
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #56 (tie) follow Larapinta Trail (World Expeditions), NT
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #66 drive Central Arnhem Highway