MELBOURNE BOUTIQUE ACCOMMODATION
Georgia Rickard checks in at one of Melbourne’s lesser-known hotels... But is it an undiscovered gem, or a nightmare stay? “So where are you staying?” asks a Melbourne-based friend, when I announce my impending arrival in her town. “The Lyall,” I reply triumphantly, “in South Yarra.” It’s one of Melbourne’s best, its website reckons, and I’ve been looking forward to gloating about it for a while. But she remains silent. “In South Yarra?” she finally asks, confused. “That’s where I live. I’ve never heard of it.” Oh. When two more Melburnian mates give me the same response, I start feeling...
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- The ‘ghost towns’ of outback NSW
- East coast country cottage chic
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #53 road trip the Legendary Pacific Coast, Sydney to Brisbane
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #63 take a beach break, Sapphire Coast, NSW
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #86 a beach break on The Shoalhaven Coast, NSW
- Your Shot Winner: Two Miles of sunset
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island