MELBOURNE BUDGET ACCOMMODATION
Here at Australian Traveller magazine we can’t recommend every affordable hotel. Cheap accommodation in melbourne is a bit of a minefield, but here are our famous independent reviews and articles on budget hotels in Melbourne.
AT’s Quentin Long contorts himself into all kinds of weird shapes with a stay in the diminutive (understatement) boutique Pensione Hotel Melbourne. That’s the Pensione in Melbourne. Before you get to your room, a few limbering-up exercises are advisable. This is a room built by contortionists to challenge other contortionists. And I LIKE IT. It’s so goddamn cheap and feels like a funky boutique hotel – well, for the vertically challenged anyway. But, just so you know what you are getting into, let me map it out for you. I stayed in a Double (I can’t even begin to imagine...
An update on the new bar at Pensione Hotel in Melbourne. Hip, Hipper, Hotel Bar? Trendy hotel bars are about as common as undamaged bags on the luggage carousel. You’ll be able to find a few, if you look really, really hard, but at some locations, there are none to speak of. Not surprising really when you consider who hotel bars normally cater to: over-tired business travellers looking for some amusement and a strong drink and gold digging women looking for a strong man and amusement. Okay, so we gotta concede that there are some that get it right: The...
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- The ‘ghost towns’ of outback NSW
- East coast country cottage chic
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #53 road trip the Legendary Pacific Coast, Sydney to Brisbane
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #63 take a beach break, Sapphire Coast, NSW
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #86 a beach break on The Shoalhaven Coast, NSW
- Dream road trips: Broome to Exmouth (via the Warlu Way)
- Dream road trips: Esperance to Perth (via Margaret River)
- Dream road trips – Perth to the Pilbara (return)
- Ultimate Escapes: WA’s Great South West Edge – wine, white sand & wilderness
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #19 escape to the Rowley Shoals, WA
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #85 swim with Manta Rays, Lady Elliot Island, Qld
- Ultimate Escapes: Timeless North, NT
- Get lost in style in the Northern Territory
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #18 see the wet season in the Top End
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #27 make the Red Centre pilgrimage
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #56 (tie) follow Larapinta Trail (World Expeditions), NT