May 10, 2023
3 mins Read
Australia’s always-evolving tourism offering is what has inspired us to highlight emerging destinations and experiences.
What do we mean by emerging? Think everything from Australia’s next holiday hotspots and regions on the rise to tiny towns now on the map thanks to innovative new dining or hotel options. And from places we might think we know well whose reinventions are prompting us to look again to the latest travel trends and more.
Here is the complete list, for you to keep your own appetite for exploring Australia well and truly whetted.
See Australia’s top emerging towns here.
1. Mapleton, Queensland
2. Witchcliffe, Western Australia
3. Mount Beauty, Victoria
4. Mount Gambier, South Australia
5. Nagambie, Victoria
6. Oatlands, Tasmania
7. Esperance, Western Australia
8. Yeppoon, Queensland
9. Tenterfield, New South Wales
10. Jabiru, Northern Territory
See Australia’s top emerging neighbourhoods here.
11. Sandstone Precinct at Circular Quay, NSW
12. Pentridge Precinct, Coburg, Victoria
13. Noosaville industrial area, Queensland
14. Dromana Habitat, Victoria
15. Adelaide’s Inner West, SA
16. Tiger Lane precinct, Canberra, ACT
See Australia’s emerging regions here.
17. Scenic Rim, Queensland
18. Southern Flinders Ranges, SA
19. Mid West, WA
20. Mildura-Wentworth, NSW-Victoria border
21. Central Coast, NSW
22. Kimberley, WA
23. Peel, WA
24. Gippsland, Victoria
25. Townsville, Queensland
26. Launceston and Northern Tasmania
See Australia’s emerging city experiences here.
27. Brisbane precincts, Queensland
28. Dairy Road, Canberra, ACT
29. kipli takara walking tour, Hobart, Tasmania
30. Geelong comes of age, Victoria
31. Albury’s first degustation, NSW
32. Foodie experiences in Darwin
See Australia’s top emerging stays here.
33. Basalt, Orange, NSW
34. Baillie Lodges, Kangaroo Island, SA
35. Sea Sea, Crescent Head, NSW
36. Samphire Rottnest Island, WA
37. Ampersand Estates, Pemberton, WA
38. Sunnymead, Aireys Inlet, Victoria
39. The Louise, Barossa Valley, SA
40. Rangelands Outback Camp, Queensland
41. The Oaks Ranch, Eurobodalla, NSW
42. Melbourne CBD’s luxury new hotels, Victoria
See Australia’s emerging food and wine experiences here.
43. Murwillumbah, NSW
44. Kuti Shack, Goolwa, SA
45. Portarlington Mussel Tours, Victoria
46. Granite Belt Wine Region, Queensland
47. Canberra Wine District, ACT
48. Sustainability in McLaren Vale, SA
49. Trentham, Victoria
50. Kakadu Full Moon Feast, NT
51. The Rockley Pub, NSW
See Australia’s top emerging cultural experiences here.
52. Bruce Munro at Discovery Parks King Canyon, NT
53. The Banya, Mullumbimby, NSW
54. Outback Queensland’s festival calendar, Queensland
55. Fine Vines festival, WA
56. Queenstown, Tasmania
57. Centre for Rare Arts and Forgotten Trades, Ballarat, Victoria
58. Wintjiri Wiru, Uluru, NT
59. Harvest Rock Festival, SA
60. Cultural Attractions of Australia, ACT, NSW, SA, Queensland and WA
61. Regional galleries, NSW and Victoria
62. Street art, NSW
63. Cairns Italian Festival, Queensland
See Australia’s top emerging sustainable experiences here.
64. Wuldi Cultural Experience at Gemtree Estate, SA
65. Wellness in Shoalhaven, NSW
66. Gumbaynggirr Country, Coffs Coast, NSW
67. Gold Coast Dive Trail, Queensland
68. Bundaberg, Queensland
69. Margaret River, WA
70. Positive Energy Adventures and Retreats, NSW
71. Inclusive travel
72. Fraser Coast, Queensland
See Australia’s top emerging trails here.
73. Rail trails, NSW and Victoria
74. Slow food and rail tour, NSW
75. Tasmanian Walking Company, Tasmania
76. Australia’s bushwalking state, NSW
77. Dam mural in Wellington National Park, WA
78. Silo Art Trail, Victoria
79. Seasoned Tasting Trail, Victoria
80. Warlu Way, WA
See Australia’s top emerging aquatic experiences here.
81. North Stradbroke Island/Minjerribah, Queensland
82. Wellness on Dirk Hartog Island, WA
83. The Big Lap by sea
84. Boomerang Beach, NSW
85. Mission Beach, Queensland
86. Clarence Canoe and Kayak Trail, NSW
87. Nuyts Archipelago, SA
88. Tiwi Islands, NT
89. Wagait Beach/Cox Peninsula, NT
See Australia’s emerging nature experiences here.
90. Wildlife Wonders, Great Ocean Road, Victoria
91. Tiny houses, Australia-wide
92. Grampians/Gariwerd, Victoria
93. Yagurli Tours, Queensland
94. Yarriba Dreaming, Queensland
95. Wild South Coast Way on the Heysen Trail, SA
96. The Pilliga, NSW
97. Murray River, SA
98. On Board Expeditions, Tasmania
99. Christmas Island, WA
100. Bremer Bay, WA
Hike through a forest doused in fresh powdery snow, visit a towering waterfall only accessible on foot in the dry, and idle on a 22-kilometre-long bea...
There are countless amazing experiences to be had throughout Australia this month. Here’s what’s on in May. Whether you're up for an adventure, w...
From a haunted inn that once concealed a tunnel to an insane asylum, to a roadhouse responsible for refuelling planes, these nine historic pubs are ca...
With the Easter break coming up, it’s time to get away to recharge and reset. Easter is just around the corner, but if you think you've left it too...
Here are 10 towns to take note of for your next weekend escape... Each year, Wotif pulls together intel from travel-savvy Aussies to spotlight trendi...
There’s no shortage of hip and happening events taking place across the country this April. Here's where to get your groove on. From music festival...
For the best travel inspiration delivered straight to your door.$29.95
LEAVE YOUR COMMENT