2012 Readers’ Choice Awards: Best Guided Tour
Climbing the world’s most iconic bridge has again taken out top spot in the guided tour stakes.
Offering unparalleled views over Sydney Harbour, 134m above the world, this is truly a must-do experience. As one reader explained, “once you get to the top, you’ll know why!”
There are three guided options that take you to the summit; the newest being the Express Climb, which allows small groups of 12 to explore the bridge in just over two hours.
The Discovery Climb however is a three-and-a-half hour experience that journeys to the top along a mammoth staircase between the two arches of the bridge, while the classic Bridge Climb takes you along the outer arch of the bridge, all the way to the summit. bridgeclimb.com
AAT Kings’ Kings Canyon climb (aatkings.com/au) and Bill Peach outback air tours (billpeachjourneys.com.au), particularly over Lake Eyre, were clear favourites, hotly contended by Tasmania’s four-day Bay of Fires guided walk (bayoffires.com.au) and Bruny Island Eco Cruise (brunycruises.com.au), through some of Apple Isle’s most pristine coastline.
LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply
BUY THE ISSUE
This article appeared in Issue 48 of Australian Traveller.
The DEC/JAN The Reader Awards issue
MORE FROM SYDNEY
LATEST ON FACEBOOK
LATEST TWEETSTweets by @AustTraveller
WHERE ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO?
Select a state to view more
- Dream road trips: Broome to Exmouth (via the Warlu Way)
- Dream road trips: Esperance to Perth (via Margaret River)
- Dream road trips – Perth to the Pilbara (return)
- Ultimate Escapes: WA’s Great South West Edge – wine, white sand & wilderness
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #19 escape to the Rowley Shoals, WA
- Your Shot Winner: Two Miles of sunset
- Ultimate Escapes: Queensland’s Wet Tropics
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #11 stay at Lizard Island, Qld
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #54 holiday in Queensland’s triple threat
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #78 walk Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island
- Ultimate Escapes: Timeless North, NT
- Get lost in style in the Northern Territory
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #18 see the wet season in the Top End
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #27 make the Red Centre pilgrimage
- 100 Greatest Holidays of Australia: #56 (tie) follow Larapinta Trail (World Expeditions), NT